Just in time for hoots & spooks of Halloween! Only the bravest will dare to explore Cedar Run after dark on our haunted guided night hikes!
For one night only, join us for an unforgettable evening of spine-tingling adventure as we are guided into the trails of Cedar Run where the legendary Jersey Devil takes the spotlight as the ringmaster of the Leeds Family Circus.
Sit around a campfire roasting marshmallows & watch a Halloween movie… if you survive…
Geared toward ages 10 and up.
Rain or shine.
Timed Haunted Night Hikes
- Doors open at 6:00pm, and guided tours will begin at 6:30pm.
- The sunset for this evening will be around 6:00pm.
- Enjoy a cozy campfire to roast marshmallows & enjoy a Halloween movie while you wait for your hike
- Guided hikes will run between 20-30 minutes long, and will be a guided walking hike.
- Recommended to arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled guided hike, and will promptly begin at the scheduled time.
- Limited space of 16 per timed guided hike. Advanced registration is required.
- Every participant in the guided hike will need to sign a waiver before participating in the hike. Not recommended for pregnant women or anyone with a heart condition.
- Flashlights are allowed in our parking lot area, but cannot be used during the experience of guided hike.
- Dogs and other pets are prohibited, except clearly marked service animals. This is due to the safety of our wildlife animals, for special events and daily visits.
Limited space for each Haunted Guided Hike! Grab your tickets now before they… disappear! Pre- registration ends Friday, October 27th at 5pm.
- $25 per person.
- Ticket purchase includes guided hike, 1 marshmallow roasting kit, & 1 hot chocolate. Additional treats available for purchase
- Children ages 10-15 must be accompanied by an adult during the duration of the guided hike.
- No children under 10 may be permitted on the guided hikes.
- Costumes are encouraged but not required.
- Amanda’s Vegan Vibes – Halloween Treats!
Timed Haunted Guided Hikes
- 7:00pm – SOLD OUT
- 7:15pm – SOLD OUT
- 7:30pm – SOLD OUT
- 7:45pm – only 6 spots left!
All proceeds from this event go directly towards supporting Cedar Run’s mission of the preservation and protection of New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation, and rehabilitation. When you attend a Cedar Run event, you make a direct impact in our community!
Please no birthday parties or scout programs for these events. If you are interested in hosting a birthday party or scout program at Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge, please check out our website links for Birthday Parties & Scout Programs.
General admission, promotional day passes (free-day passes/groupons) & library passes will not work for Special Events, such as this one.
Every participant in the guided hike will need to sign a waiver before participating in the hike.
Waivers will be available at check-in.
You are cordially invited to Woodford Cedar Run’s Wildlife Baby Shower on Saturday, February 10th, from 1-3pm, at the Medford United Methodist Church.
Help us by delivering essential items in preparation for the upcoming arrival of THOUSANDS of injured and/or orphaned wild ones. There will be light refreshments, crafts for kids & special appearances by non-releasable wildlife!
Free Admission with a gift from our Wishlist for each member in your Party!*
*minium cash donation of $5 per guest may be donated at the door in lieu of a wishlist item
• 39-gallon garbage bags
• Paper towels
• Ziploc bags (all sizes but most used are gallon and quart)
• Puppy pads
• Cotton balls
• Amazon gift cards
• Clorox wipes
• Dawn dish soap
• HE laundry detergent
• Scrub Daddy sponges
• Orange baby food
• Green baby food
• Peanut butter
• Kaytee Mouse/rat food
• Aspen bedding
• Quickie Sponge Mop Refill 3 “x9 ” type S
• Disposable Waterproof shoe covers
• Disposable waterproof isolation gowns
If you are unable to attend – we are always accepting donations of goods at our Wildlife Rehabilitation Hospital. 6 Sawmill Road, Medford, NJ 08055 open 9am-4pm
Event Sponsor: Boss & Frankel P.A
No need to RSVP. See you there!
All events, unless otherwise noted, run approximately 30 mins.
PICK YOUR DAY: Get your tickets for each day!
- Ongoing, 10am-4pm – Treasure Trail: Follow the clues around Cedar Run to discover all we have to offer. Find all the clues and see what treasure awaits. Note: this activity will take you on the White Trail and through our Wildlife Housing Area – the trail is approximately ½ mile. Self-guided.
- Ongoing, 10am-4pm – Kid’s Craft and Coloring Sheets: Have a little downtime between events? Check out our day’s make-and-take craft. Self-guided.
- Ongoing, 10am-11:30am– Pond Dipping: Delve into the world of macro-invertebrates with us! Macros are insect larvae and nymphs, snails, and aquatic insects that live in the water and are able to be seen by the naked eye. What kind of things are living in Cedar Run Lake? Stop by and check out what we’ve collected and try your hand at finding some creatures of your own!
- Ongoing, 11am-4pm– Natural Egg Dyeing: While supplies last!
- Ongoing, 12pm-4pm – Canoe on Cedar Run Lake: Don’t miss this limited experience to paddle on Cedar Run Lake! 20-minute timeslots will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Self-guided.
- 10:30am*, 12:30pm OR 1:30pm* – Wildlife Meet and Greet: Get up close and personal with some resident animals. Questions and photos are welcome!
- 10am OR 1pm – Make Fairy Houses and Gnome Homes – Join us for a story and a take-home craft. This activity is best for our youngest guests, but fun for all ages!
- 11am, 12:30pm* OR 2pm – Wildlife Housing Tours: Been to visit before? First time? Join us for a guided tour of our Wildlife Housing Area and see what you may learn about our resident animals. Tours last about 40 minutes.
- 11:30am – Raptor Egg Hunt: Have you ever heard of the Easter Raptor? Join us as we learn all about him during this fun adaptation of a traditional egg hunt! A resident raptor will make an appearance too! Appropriate for ages 2-10. Hunt will be a staggered start by age (ages 2-4, 5-7 and 8-10). Pre-registration required.
* For our Wildlife Meet & Greet and Wildlife Housing Tours on Saturday ONLY ASL-interpreted, Deaf & Hard of Hearing accommodations are offered.
SATURDAY, MARCH 30TH ONLY
Esther Dietrich is an American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter who has a Bachelor’s in American Sign Language and Interpreting and has been working in the field for several years. She is very excited to be working with Cedar Run to make their Rediscovery Weekend ASL accessible.
All proceeds from this event go directly towards supporting Cedar Run’s mission of the preservation and protection of New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation, and rehabilitation. When you attend a Cedar Run event, you make a direct impact on our community!
We could not hold this event without our generous sponsors!
Looking to get involved?
Sponsorship Opportunities <– Click for Sponsorship Package.
As a participating sponsor, your company will benefit from the promotion of the event through email outreach, social media, and other efforts directed to our fall events attendees and beyond, demonstrating your commitment to our wildlife and local communities. There are several levels of sponsorship detailed on the Sponsorship Commitment Form. Please select the level that will best reflect your support. Your tax-deductible sponsorship commitment will be used to help support Cedar Run’s mission to preserve and protect our native wildlife.
Thank you to our Sponsors!!
Guardians of the Wild:
– Shoprite of Medford
– Animal & Bird Health Care Center & Hospital
– Holman Automotive
– Chemglass Life Sciences
– Garrison Architects
– Murphy’s Fresh Markets
– Burlington Press
– Radwell International
– The Refill Market
– Rancocas Animal Hospital
– Dunleavy & Associates
– Morgan Law LLC
– UFO Widlife
– Solvay Specialty Polymers, LLC
If you are interested in sponsoring to our fundraising event, please reach out to Lisa Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org.