Help welcome the fall season with a fun day for the whole family! Activities include games, guided hikes, crafts, food, canoeing, face painting, live music and educational demonstrations and programs. 11-4pm. All proceeds benefit Cedar Run.
The 5th Annual Hoot, Waddle and Stroll 5K Trail Run & Half-Mile Stroll is a fun-filled, family-oriented event to support Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge. Cedar Run Refuge, located in the Pinelands of Medford Township, cares for nearly 4,700 animals annually and is also dedicated to educating children about the importance of conserving our shared habitats. Cedar Run also aims to promote outdoor health and wellness for all ages.
Race begins at 9am. Registration information coming soon…
Team Fundraising & Sponsorship Opportunities
We invite everyone to form a team and raise money to support Cedar Run! Our funding comes solely from donations, and we deeply appreciate your efforts to support our mission and our animals! Recruit your family and friends to participate in the event or donate to our organization! RACE SANCTIONED BY U.S. TRACK & FIELD.
5K Trail Run
Goes through rugged single-track trails within the property of Cedar Run and a very small segment on the road. It is a beginner to intermediate mostly flat course with varied terrain and scenic views. This is a great course for first-time trail runners and families! This course is not designed for strollers and participants need to be able to maneuver through tree ruts, steps, bridges, soft sand, etc.
Designed to allow all family members to participate! Less rugged trails suitable for strollers and young children.
7:30-8:45 am: Packet Pick-up and Race Day Registration
9:00 am: 5K Trail Run begins!
9:15 am: Half-Mile Stroll begins!
10:00 am: Award Ceremony
5K Awards will be given out in the following categories:
- Top Fundraising Team
- Fastest Male Overall
- Fastest Female Overall
- Medals also will be given to the TOP 3 male and female finishers in each of the following divisions: 12 and under, 13-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+
- Free race t-shirt with unique design guaranteed to those who register for the 5K Run or 1/2 Mile Stroll before 9/10/2018 and then additional participants will receive a Cedar Run tee.
- Free raffle prizes
- Water station on 5K
- Post race refreshments
- Medical support on-site
- Race timed by South Jersey Race Timing, LLC
- Plenty of race photos available, post race, on Facebook
- Nature-based play area for families to enjoy while waiting for race participants
- Wildlife housing area viewing available after the race is completed
- Nature Center and gift shop will be open!
- And most importantly, our very own resident animals will be at the finish line to cheer you on!
Sorry, no pets allowed.
Arrival / Parking
Please make every effort to arrive prior to 8:30 am and we encourage car pooling due to limited parking! Parking will be limited to street parking and our overflow parking lot. The entrance to Cedar Run will be closed 30 minutes prior to the start of the race making the overflow parking lot inaccessible after 8:30 am (unless the locals know how to access the overflow parking lot by Jackson Road!).