All events, unless otherwise noted, run approximately 30 mins.
PICK YOUR DAY: Get your tickets for each day!
- Ongoing, 10am-4pm – Treasure Trail: Follow the clues around Cedar Run to discover all we have to offer. Find all the clues and see what treasure awaits. Note: this activity will take you on the White Trail and through our Wildlife Housing Area – the trail is approximately ½ mile. Self-guided.
- Ongoing, 10am-4pm – Kid’s Craft and Coloring Sheets: Have a little downtime between events? Check out our day’s make-and-take craft. Self-guided.
- Ongoing, 10am-11:30am– Pond Dipping: Delve into the world of macro-invertebrates with us! Macros are insect larvae and nymphs, snails, and aquatic insects that live in the water and are able to be seen by the naked eye. What kind of things are living in Cedar Run Lake? Stop by and check out what we’ve collected and try your hand at finding some creatures of your own!
- Ongoing, 11am-4pm– Natural Egg Dyeing: While supplies last!
- Ongoing, 12pm-4pm – Canoe on Cedar Run Lake: Don’t miss this limited experience to paddle on Cedar Run Lake! 20-minute timeslots will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Self-guided.
- 10:30am*, 12:30pm OR 1:30pm* – Wildlife Meet and Greet: Get up close and personal with some resident animals. Questions and photos are welcome!
- 10am OR 1pm – Make Fairy Houses and Gnome Homes – Join us for a story and a take-home craft. This activity is best for our youngest guests, but fun for all ages!
- 11am, 12:30pm* OR 2pm – Wildlife Housing Tours: Been to visit before? First time? Join us for a guided tour of our Wildlife Housing Area and see what you may learn about our resident animals. Tours last about 40 minutes.
- 11:30am – Raptor Egg Hunt: Have you ever heard of the Easter Raptor? Join us as we learn all about him during this fun adaptation of a traditional egg hunt! A resident raptor will make an appearance too! Appropriate for ages 2-10. Hunt will be a staggered start by age (ages 2-4, 5-7 and 8-10). Pre-registration required.
* For our Wildlife Meet & Greet and Wildlife Housing Tours on Saturday ONLY ASL-interpreted, Deaf & Hard of Hearing accommodations are offered.
SATURDAY, MARCH 30TH ONLY
Esther Dietrich is an American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter who has a Bachelor’s in American Sign Language and Interpreting and has been working in the field for several years. She is very excited to be working with Cedar Run to make their Rediscovery Weekend ASL accessible.
All proceeds from this event go directly towards supporting Cedar Run’s mission of the preservation and protection of New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation, and rehabilitation. When you attend a Cedar Run event, you make a direct impact on our community!
We could not hold this event without our generous sponsors!
Looking to get involved?
Sponsorship Opportunities <– Click for Sponsorship Package.
As a participating sponsor, your company will benefit from the promotion of the event through email outreach, social media, and other efforts directed to our fall events attendees and beyond, demonstrating your commitment to our wildlife and local communities. There are several levels of sponsorship detailed on the Sponsorship Commitment Form. Please select the level that will best reflect your support. Your tax-deductible sponsorship commitment will be used to help support Cedar Run’s mission to preserve and protect our native wildlife.
Thank you to our Sponsors!!
Guardians of the Wild:
– Shoprite of Medford
– Animal & Bird Health Care Center & Hospital
– Holman Automotive
– Chemglass Life Sciences
– Garrison Architects
– Murphy’s Fresh Markets
– Burlington Press
– Radwell International
– The Refill Market
– Rancocas Animal Hospital
– Dunleavy & Associates
– Morgan Law LLC
– UFO Widlife
– Solvay Specialty Polymers, LLC
If you are interested in sponsoring to our fundraising event, please reach out to Lisa Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org.