ReDiscover Cedar Run this spring! There’s something for everyone during these 2 exciting days in the wild! Fees cover a full day of activities. Come for one thing, or do it all!
- Ongoing, 10am-4pm – Trivia Scavenger Hunt: How well do you know Cedar Run? Come try our Trivia Scavenger Hunt! Get a question sheet from the front desk and search Cedar Run for the answers. Come back with all the right answers and win a prize! Self-guided.
- 10:30am OR 12:30pm – Pond Dipping: Delve into the world of macro-invertebrates with us! Macros are insect larvae and nymphs, snails, and aquatic insects that live in the water and are able to be seen by the naked eye. What kind of things are living in Cedar Run lake? Stop by and check out what we’ve
collected and try your hand at finding some creatures of your own!
- Ongoing, 11am-2pm – Make-and-Take: Have a little downtime between events? Check out our day’s make-and-take craft. Complete it now or take it home for later. Self-guided.
- 11am, 1pm OR 3pm – Wildlife Ambassador Meet and Greet: Get up-close and personal with some mystery resident animals. Questions and photos are welcome! ASL interpretation provided for this event.
- 12pm OR 2pm – Fairy Shelters: Try your hand at building a shelter for a forest fairy. This activity is best for our youngest guests, but fun for all ages!
- Ongoing, 2-6pm – Canoeing*: Don’t miss this limited experience to paddle on Cedar Run Lake! 20-minute timeslots will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Self-guided. *Additional sign-up required.
- 2:30pm – Stream Study: We will collect samples to determine the health of the stream at Cedar Run. Try your hand at being a “Citizen Scientist!”
- 3:30pm OR 5pm- Wildlife Ambassador Animal Tours: Been to visit before? First time? Join us for a guided tour of our Wildlife Housing Area and see what you may learn about our resident animals. Sessions last about 40 minutes. ASL interpretation provided for this event.
- 6-7pm – Campfire: Enjoy a lovely time by the campfire. Marshmallows included!
- 7-8:30pm – Night Hike*: Experience the Refuge in an exciting way, at night! Enjoy a guided hike under the light of the moon to visit nocturnal habitats that are home to owls, raccoons, opossums, and other wildlife that emerge after dark. *Additional sign-up required.
Saturday, April 8th Schedule. Tickets for Friday and Saturday can not be combined.
We could not hold this event without our generous sponsors!
Looking to get involved?
Sponsorship Opportunities are currently available for our Events!
As a participating sponsor, your company will benefit from the promotion of the event through email outreach, social media, and other efforts directed to our fall events attendees and beyond, demonstrating your commitment to our wildlife and local communities. There are several levels of sponsorship detailed on the Sponsorship Commitment Form. Please select the level that will best reflect your support. Your tax-deductible sponsorship commitment will be used to help support Cedar Run’s mission to preserve and protect our native wildlife.
Thank you to our Sponsors!!
- Shoprite of Medford
- Animal & Bird Health Care Center & Hospital
- Holman Automotive
- Chemglass Life Sciences
- Floor Coverings International
- Garrison Architects
- Murphy’s Fresh Markets
- Burlington Press
- Laura Bishop Communications
- Radwell International
If you are interested in sponsoring our fundraising event, please reach out to Lisa Franco at email@example.com.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
- $12 per Adult
- $9 per Child ages 4-12
- FREE for Children 3 & under
*By registering, you can attend any or all sessions throughout the day. While you are signed up for the day’s events, some sessions have limited capacities so be sure to check your email for information after you complete your registration. Please be sure to check out the Nature Center too!
All proceeds from this event goes directly towards supporting Cedar Run’s mission of the preservation and protection of New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation and rehabilitation. When you attend a Cedar Run event, you make a direct impact in our community!
Please no birthday parties or scout programs for these events. If you are interested in hosting a birthday party or scout program at Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge, please check out our website links for Birthday Parties & Scout Programs.
General admission, promotional day passes (free-day passes/groupons) & library passes will not work for Special Events, such as this one.
**Pre-registration is now closed! Come join us today!