Become part of the Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge Legacy Circle to create your legacy and support many generations to come.
What is the Legacy Circle and why leave a Legacy gift?
The Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge Legacy Circle is a special society of our most faithful supporters that have included Cedar Run in their will or estate plan. Cedar Run has worked tirelessly for over 60 years as an active resource to the greater New Jersey community on all wildlife and habitat related issues and is only possible through the continued support of generous donors like you.
By including Cedar Run in your will or estate plan, you are creating a personal legacy that will protect and preserve New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation, and rehabilitation for generations to come.
What qualifies as a Legacy Gift?
• Naming Cedar Run as a beneficiary in your will or trust
• Naming Cedar Run as a beneficiary of your retirement plan or life insurance policy
• There is no minimum gift requirement to join the Cedar Run Legacy Circle, and it’s a great way to ensure that your wishes will be honored now and in the future.
What are the advantages of making a Legacy Gift for my estate?
• All gifts are tax-deductible as provided by law. Consult with your tax advisor for details.
• Reduce your estate taxes.
• Bypass capital gains taxes.
• Planned gifts afford you flexibility to provide for your family and support Cedar Run.
• The joy of knowing that your legacy gift will sustain Cedar Run’s wildlife rehabilitation and education programs for years to come is the ultimate benefit!
What impact will my Legacy Gift make?
Our Wildlife Hospital admits more than 6,000 wild animals annually, and continues to see increases in patient load every year. We receive no local, state, or federal funding. This life-saving work is funded through your support. Your gift will fund the staff, supplies, food, and medication that keep the Wildlife Hospital running and will sustain operations into the future for years to come.
Utilizing the Woodford Nature Center as home base, Cedar Run is able to offer an exciting variety of engaging and educational programs for people of all ages and abilities including high-quality field trips, engaging classroom presentations, and informative programming. You will make certain that a love, appreciation, and understanding of nature is imparted on the next generation and many more to come with your gift.
Enduring Financial Sustainability
Your gift will help to ensure the financial stability of Cedar Run and our subsequent operations. An endowment fund was created at Cedar Run to generate reliable income that will ensure continued operations. This financial stability and enduring funding ensures that wildlife in need are not turned away due to an inability to fund their rehabilitation. Your gift could be used to develop this fund, expanding the impact and financial viability of Cedar Run.
Are there immediate benefits at Cedar Run for Legacy Circle members?
As the most faithful supporters of Cedar Run, there are a number of benefits provided to Legacy Circle members right away.
• Legacy Circle Membership Welcome Packet
• Invitation for a private tour of Cedar Run with the Executive Director and Director of Development
• Custom Certificate of Appreciation
• Complimentary custom plaque on the Spendelow Bridge over Cedar Run Lake
• Invitations to exclusive Legacy Circle events
• “Tales from Cedar Run” periodic printed newsletter
• E-news emails with the latest updates from Cedar Run
• Opportunity to be featured in Cedar Run publications (unless anonymity is requested)
How do I get started?
We suggest reviewing your plans with your financial advisor and/or attorney about your goals and which type of gift is right for your lasting legacy. A current will can be amended with a codicil to add a designation for Cedar Run.
A gift to the Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge in your will or trust is a powerful way to create a legacy for the environment and wildlife of New Jersey today, tomorrow, and for generations to come – at no cost today.
To include us in your plans, use this free, online will-writing tool. It only takes 20 minutes to create your will and protect the people, causes, and wildlife you love. Or, if you would prefer to finalize your plans with a lawyer, you can start a list of documented wishes to bring to your attorney.
If you have already included Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge in your will or trust, please fill out this form to let us know! We would love to thank you for your generosity. The Freewill platform that we used to keep accurate documentation of your Legacy account with us to ensure confidentiality & accuracy about your intended gift in your will, or trust. The information that you share is nonbinding and will only be used to welcome you to our Legacy Circle. You can still alter your gift directly in your will or trust at any time, and manage any communication that you have with Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge.