ReDiscover Cedar Run this spring! There’s something for everyone during these 3 exciting days in the wild! Fees cover a full day of activities. Come for one thing, or do it all!
$12/person, ages 3 and up (non-members); $7/person, ages 3 and up (members)
Not a member, but want to be? Check out our membership page.
Events scheduled for Saturday, April 3rd
- Ongoing, 10am-4pm: Nature Art – Create some beautiful, simple land art using natural materials! Use all natural objects such as pebbles, twigs, branches, pine cones, mud, leaves and petals. Photograph your sculpture and “tag” us on Facebook or Instagram for a chance to win a prize! Self-guided.
- 10am OR 11am: Raptor Rendezvous* – Ever wonder what it is like to care for our resident raptors? What do they eat? How do we keep them from getting bored? Join us for a rare glimpse into the world of raptor feeding, care, and enrichment during this exciting and engaging program.
- 11am OR 12pm: Reptile Encounter – Get up-close and personal with some our resident reptiles!
- 12:30pm: Tree ID – Learn about and identify numerous plants in the Pinelands. One of our educators will lead you on a guided walk along our trails as we practice basic identification skills using leaves, bark and berries.
- Ongoing, 1-3pm: Natural Egg Dyeing – while supplies last
- 1pm: Herp Trek – Love reptiles and amphibians?! We do too! Set out on the grounds in search of these oft elusive critters.
- 2pm: GPS Treasure Hunt – Treasure hunt anyone? No need to break out a map, instead try your hand at using a GPS to find some treasure boxes!
- 3pm: Resident Meet and Greet – Get up-close and personal with some mystery resident animals. Questions and photos welcome!
- Ongoing, 12-4pm: Canoeing* – Don’t miss this limited experience to paddle on Cedar Run Lake! 20-minute timeslots will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
*By registering, you can attend any or all sessions throughout the day. While you are signed up for the day’s events, some sessions have limited capacities so be sure to check your email for information after you complete your registration. Please be sure to check out the Nature Center for any added activities like crafts and make-and-takes too!
Update – 4/2/21, 8pm: Online registration has ended. Tickets will be available “at the door.” Please note some events have limited capacities and additional guests will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.