ReDiscover Cedar Run this spring! There’s something for everyone during these 2 exciting days in the wild! Fees cover a full day of activities. Come for one thing, or do it all!
- 10am OR 1pm – Raptor Egg Hunt*: Have you ever heard of the Easter Raptor? Join us as we learn all about him during this fun adaptation of a traditional egg hunt! Appropriate for ages 2-10. Hunt will be a staggered start by age (ages 2-4, 5-7 and 8-10). *Additional sign-up required.
- Ongoing, 10am-1pm – Make-and-Take: Have a little downtime between events? Check out our day’s make-and-take craft. Complete it now or take it home for later. Self-guided.
- Ongoing, 10am-2pm – Natural Egg Dyeing: While supplies last!
- Ongoing, 10am-4pm – Trivia Scavenger Hunt: How well do you know Cedar Run? Come try our Trivia Scavenger Hunt! Get a question sheet from the front desk and search Cedar Run for the answers. Come back with all the right answers and win a prize! Self-guided.
- 11am – Fairy Shelters: Try your hand at building a shelter for a forest fairy. This activity is best for our youngest guests, but fun for all ages!
- Ongoing, 11-4pm – Canoeing*: Don’t miss this limited experience to paddle on Cedar Run Lake! 20-minute timeslots will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children must be accompanied by an adult. *Additional sign-up required.
- 11am OR 12pm – Reptile Encounter: Get up close and personal with some our resident reptiles!
- 12:30pm – Tree ID: Learn about and identify numerous plants in the Pinelands. One of our educators will lead you on a guided walk along our trails as we practice basic identification skills using leaves, bark and berries.
- 1pm OR 3pm – Wildlife Resident Meet and Greet: Get up-close and personal with some mystery resident animals. Questions and photos are welcome!
- 2pm – Guided Hike: Join us for a hike through the Refuge with the family! What will we find along the way?
Friday, April 7th Schedule. Tickets for Friday and Saturday can not be combined.
We could not hold this event without our generous sponsors!
Looking to get involved?
Sponsorship Opportunities are currently available for our Events!
As a participating sponsor, your company will benefit from the promotion of the event through email outreach, social media, and other efforts directed to our fall events attendees and beyond, demonstrating your commitment to our wildlife and local communities. There are several levels of sponsorship detailed on the Sponsorship Commitment Form. Please select the level that will best reflect your support. Your tax-deductible sponsorship commitment will be used to help support Cedar Run’s mission to preserve and protect our native wildlife.
Thank you to our Sponsors!!
- Shoprite of Medford
- Animal & Bird Health Care Center & Hospital
- Holman Automotive
- Chemglass Life Sciences
- Floor Coverings International
- Garrison Architects
- Murphy’s Fresh Markets
- Burlington Press
- Laura Bishop Communications
- Radwell International
If you are interested in sponsoring our fundraising event, please reach out to Lisa Franco at email@example.com.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
- $12 per Adult
- $9 per Child ages 4-12
- FREE for Children 3 & under
*By registering, you can attend any or all sessions throughout the day. While you are signed up for the day’s events, some sessions have limited capacities so be sure to check your email for information after you complete your registration. Please be sure to check out the Nature Center too!
All proceeds from this event goes directly towards supporting Cedar Run’s mission of the preservation and protection of New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation and rehabilitation. When you attend a Cedar Run event, you make a direct impact in our community!
Please no birthday parties or scout programs for these events. If you are interested in hosting a birthday party or scout program at Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge, please check out our website links for Birthday Parties & Scout Programs.
General admission, promotional day passes (free-day passes/groupons) & library passes will not work for Special Events, such as this one.
*Pre-registration for this event has ended, but tickets are available “at the door”! Come visit with us!*