ReDiscover Cedar Run this spring! There’s something for everyone during these 3 exciting days in the wild! Fees cover a full day of activities. Come for one thing, or do it all!
$12/person, ages 3 and up (non-members); $7/person, ages 3 and up (members)
Not a member, but want to be? Check out our membership page.
Events scheduled for Friday, April 2nd
- Ongoing, 10am-4pm: Trivia Scavenger Hunt – How well do you know Cedar Run? Come try our Trivia Scavenger Hunt! Get a question sheet from the front desk and search Cedar Run for the answers. Come back with all the right answers and win a prize!
- 11am, 1pm OR 3pm: Resident Meet and Greet – Get up-close and personal with some mystery resident animals. Questions and photos welcome!
- 11am OR 1pm: Survival Shelters – Try your hand at building a rustic shelter in the pines! And guess what? The wood is already gathered for you!
- 12pm OR 2pm: Pond Dipping – Delve into the world of macro-invertebrates with us! Macros are insect larvae and nymphs, snails and aquatic insects that that live in the water and are able to be seen by the naked eye. What kind of things are living in Cedar Run lake? Stop by and check out what we’ve collected and try your hand at finding some creatures of your own!
- Ongoing, 4-7pm: Canoeing* – Don’t miss this limited experience to paddle on Cedar Run Lake! 20-minute timeslots will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 6-7:30pm: Campfire – Enjoy a quiet evening by the campfire. Marshmallows included!
- 7-8:30pm: Night Hike* – Experience the Refuge in an exciting way, at night! Enjoy a guided hike under the light of the moon to visit nocturnal habitats that are home to owls, raccoons, opossums and other wildlife that emerge after dark.
*By registering, you can attend any or all sessions throughout the day. While you are signed up for the day’s events, some sessions have limited capacities so be sure to check your email for information after you complete your registration. Please be sure to check out the Nature Center for any added activities like crafts and make-and-takes too!
Update – 4/1/21, 8pm: Online registration has ended. Tickets will be available “at the door.” Please note some events have limited capacities and additional guests will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.