Our Knee-High Naturalists program is held once a month running September-November and March-June, with Wednesday or Thursday sessions available to choose from. We also hold a Family Night Hike (times vary) in December. Classes run 1:00-2:30 pm. Ages 4-5. Cost is $12/child with one adult free.
Classes coincide with our Homeschool Classes (ages 6-11) for families with children of multiple ages.
We will read, do a craft and head out and about on an adventure about the month’s theme. Space is limited to 12 children. Advanced registration required. *Please note: classes are held outdoors. Please dress for the weather.
2022-2023 Dates and Books:
- 9/7 or 9/8 – Senorita Mariposa by Ben Gundersheimer
- 10/5 or 10/6 – Because of An Acorn by Lola M. Schaefer
- 11/2 or 11/3 – Cubs First Winter by Rebecca Elliott
- December – NO CLASSES
- January – NO CLASSES
- 2/8 or 2/9 – SPECIAL SESSION: Family Night Hike (*5:30-7:00pm) – Register for this session here.
- 3/8 or 3/9 – Swirl by Swirl: Spirals in Nature by Joyce Sidman
- 4/5 or 4/6 – Raindrops Roll by April Pulley Sayre
- 5/3 or 5/4 – My First Day by Steve Jenkins and Robin Page
- 6/7 or 6/8- Over and Under the Pond by Kate Messner
- Pre-registration is required and space is limited. Registration can be made above. Please register each child separately.
- Parents are required to sign a release form once per school year so we have emergency contact information for all children. The form will be emailed to you after registration or can be completed at your first class.
- Due to the demand for our classes and numerous last minute cancellations. We require that payment be made at the time of registration. We will be unable to provide refunds or credits for changes in schedules/personal conflicts or other personal reasons. However, in the event of a class cancellation due to inclement weather we will offer all registrants a credit towards the next month’s class or a fee refund.
- These classes are “adult and me” so an adult is required to stay with the student. Younger siblings who are not enrolled in our program are welcome, but please make sure that they are not being disruptive to the other children. If we find a younger sibling is being disruptive to the class, we may ask you to excuse yourself from our program.
- Classes will be held outdoors, even if weather is inclement. Only snow closings of the Medford Twp School District will cancel our classes. Please be sure your child is adequately prepared for weather conditions including rain, snow, sun, cold, and heat.
Questions/Concerns? Email our Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Sessions that are FULL, or cancelled due to low numbers, will be removed from the sign-up list.
Knee-High Naturalists Payment