Just in time for hoots & spooks of Halloween! Only the bravest will dare to explore Cedar Run after dark on our haunted guided night hikes! Learn a bit more about the Legend of New Jersey’s famous Jersey Devil, as well as other cryptids, and hope he does not make an appearance while you are deep in the woods.
Sit around a campfire roasting marshmallows & watch a Halloween movie… if you survive…
Geared toward ages 10 and up.
Rain or shine.
Timed Haunted Night Hikes
- Doors open at 6:00 pm, and guided tours will begin at 6:30 pm.
- The sunset for this evening will be around 6:00 pm.
- Enjoy a cozy campfire & Halloween movie while you wait for your hike. Marshmallow Roasting Kits (regular & vegan) will be available for purchase.
- Guided hikes will run between 20-30 minutes long, and will be a guided walking hike.
- Recommended to arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled guided hike, and will promptly begin at the scheduled time.
- Limited space of 16 per timed guided hike. Advanced registration is required.
- Every participant in the guided hike will need to sign a waiver before participating in the hike. Not recommended for pregnant women or anyone with a heart condition.
- Flashlights are allowed in our parking lot area, but cannot be used during the experience of guided hike.
- Dogs and other pets are prohibited, except clearly marked service animals. This is due to the safety of our wildlife animals, for special events and daily visits.
Limited space for each Haunted Guided Hike! Once they go on sale, grab your tickets now before they… disappear!
- $15 per person.
- Children ages 10-15 must be accompanied by an adult during the duration of the guided hike.
- No children under 10 may be permitted on the guided hikes.
- Costumes are encouraged but not required.
Timed Haunted Guided Hikes
Update 10/28/22 1:00pm:
PRE-SALE TICKETS are closed. Many of the time slots are sold out, and we will NOT have day-of tickets available. Pre-registration is required for this event.
- 6:30pm – FULLY BOOKED!
- 6:45pm – FULLY BOOKED!
- 7:00pm – FULLY BOOKED!
- 7:30pm – FULLY BOOKED!
- 7:45pm – FULLY BOOKED!
- 8:00pm – FULLY BOOKED!
- 8:30pm – FULLY BOOKED!
- 8:45pm – Limited space
- 9:00pm – Half way full!
Do you have a younger one that wants to see the set in the daytime? Come Friday night for a daytime guided tour!
Advanced registration is required. Click for details.
All proceeds from this event go directly towards supporting Cedar Run’s mission of the preservation and protection of New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation, and rehabilitation. When you attend a Cedar Run event, you make a direct impact in our community!
Please no birthday parties or scout programs for these events. If you are interested in hosting a birthday party or scout program at Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge, please check out our website links for Birthday Parties & Scout Programs.
General admission, promotional day passes (free-day passes/groupons) & library passes will not work for Special Events, such as this one.
Every participant in the guided hike will need to sign a waiver before participating in the hike.
If anyone participating in the Haunted Night Hike who has not signed the waiver, we will have this available at check-in.