Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge is seeking to fill a full-time Stewardship and Facilities Manager position!
ABOUT CEDAR RUN:
Cedar Run is a non-profit dedicated to the preservation of New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation, and rehabilitation. Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge sits on 171 wooded acres on the edge of the New Jersey Pinelands. Cedar Run includes the Woodford Nature Center, an outdoor Wildlife Housing Area with over 50 native residents, and a Wildlife Rehabilitation Hospital. The overall mission of Cedar Run is to serve as a community resource on the importance of protecting and enhancing healthy ecosystems for all. To that end, Cedar Run engages in: ecologically based land management; the operation of a Federally and NJ State licensed hospital facility that cares for more than 6,300 injured, orphaned, or displaced native wildlife each year; the education of over 20,000 students annually through our various on-site and outreach programs; and serves as an active resource to the greater New Jersey community on all wildlife and habitat-related questions and issues.
Position Title: Stewardship and Facilities Manager
Department: Wildlife Rehabilitation
Reports to: Director of Wildlife Rehabilitation
Status: Full-time position. 40 hours per week.
Purpose of Position:
The Stewardship and Facilities Manager is responsible for all stewardship, repair, and maintenance functions, including all buildings and grounds-related issues, and emergency management. This position serves as the primary administrator of stewardship and facilities-related vendors and volunteers. The Stewardship and Facilities Manager will work closely with organizational leadership to satisfy the buildings and grounds needs for all departments, and increase the visual appeal, resource management, and functionality of all buildings, trails, gardens, roads, and enclosures. This position is required to be available and able to respond to emergencies and critical issues, especially in inclement weather. Evening and weekend hours will be necessary on occasion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the facilities and grounds and oversee facility operations; plan, coordinate, and prioritize work to be done on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
• Supervision of vendors, volunteers, and/or volunteer groups working on stewardship and/or facilities-related projects.
• Effectively manage work schedule and job priorities to ensure all work is done to a high standard, safely, on time, and within budget while caring for and maintaining our natural resources and wildlife.
• Ability to respond to emergencies and critical issues, especially in inclement weather.
• Oversee and complete daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and grounds-keeping programs including, but not limited to: septic systems, water filtration systems, ponds, enclosure repairs, trail maintenance, garden planting, HVAC systems, snow removal, etc.
• Perform basic carpentry, electrical, and plumbing repairs to buildings, facilities, equipment, and grounds.
• Ensure all building regulations, and health and safety protocols are followed. Comply with all federal and state safety programs related to the operation and storage of various equipment, tools, and chemicals and ensure facilities and grounds are well maintained to reduce risk of danger and injury.
• Maintain an inventory of all equipment, tools, and buildings, including documentation and maintenance records.
• Oversee the maintenance of the Cedar Run fleet of vehicles.
• Play an integral role in establishing and building awareness for Cedar Run’s mission among current and prospective stakeholders.
• Act in a manner to positively represent Cedar Run.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A passion for Cedar Run’s mission to protect and preserve New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation and rehabilitation.
• Enthusiastic personality with a positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
• Effective communication in person, by phone, text, or email; to give and receive accurate information.
• Excellent organizational skills to record, handle, file, disperse, and maintain neat and orderly records.
• Must have a valid and up to date driver’s license.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Email, Internet, and Databases.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations for the workplace and ability to write and manage safety plans for the organization.
• Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and MSDS safety rules.
• Ability to work and navigate in a variety of environments, terrains, and weather conditions.
• Legal and practical ability to drive and travel to and around the grounds and various other sites as needed.
• Ability to safely operate various maintenance tools and equipment.
• Ability to spend long periods of time walking, standing, bending, stooping, crouching, crawling, and kneeling on uneven terrain.
• Ability to lift 100 pounds.
• Able to pass a background check and drug screening as requested.
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary starting in the high 30K’s, commensurate with experience.
• Eligible for Cedar Run’s health insurance plan; Cedar Run pays 60% of the employee’s premium. New qualifying employees will be eligible for coverage immediately.
• Paid sick, vacation, and personal time after the 120th day of employment.
• Paid holidays observed by Cedar Run.
• Simple IRA Retirement Plan: Cedar Run will contribute a match of [pre-tax] funds of up to 3% of wages each year towards each covered employee’s retirement plan accounts.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) Professional References
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Any questions about this position, please reach out to Lori Swanson, Director of Wildlife Rehabilitation, at email@example.com.
No phone calls about this position, please.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
It is the policy of Cedar Run not to discriminate in hiring, or any other aspect of employment, on the basis of race, gender, age, color, national origin, religion, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other protected category under federal or state law.