Cedar Run is seeking a Non-Profit Marketing and Development Intern
About Cedar Run
Cedar Run is a non-profit dedicated to the preservation of New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation and rehabilitation. Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge sits on 171 wooded acres on the edge of the New Jersey Pinelands. Cedar Run includes the Woodford Nature Center, an outdoor Wildlife Housing Area with nearly 60 native residents, and a Wildlife Rehabilitation Hospital. The overall mission of Cedar Run is to serve as a community resource on the importance of protecting and enhancing healthy ecosystems for all. To that end, Cedar Run engages in: ecologically based land management; the operation of a Federally and NJ State licensed hospital facility that cares for more than 6,000 injured, orphaned or displaced native wildlife each year; the education of over 20,000 students annually through our various on-site and outreach programs; and serves as an active resource to the greater New Jersey community on all wildlife and habitat related questions and issues.
Position Title: Non-Profit Marketing and Development Intern
Reports to: Tracey Francois, Director of Development and Communications
Schedule: 20 hours a week for 12 week commitment / Internship starts at the middle of May or beginning of June (dates may be flexible).
Deadline for Applications: 4/5/2021
Purpose of Position:
The Non-Profit Marketing and Development Intern will work primarily with the Director of Development and Communications on efforts required to assist with all stages of marketing campaigns for events and fundraising efforts, including drafting proposals, preparing presentations and researching consumer trends to identify marketing needs.
They are also responsible for assisting to complete tasks such as preparing marketing proposals, surveying donors, and researching consumer, non-profit and general marketing trends. They will provide administrative and clerical support to others in the Development Department and Nature Center as needed. The Non-Profit Marketing and Development Intern will be assisting the Nature Center and Membership Manager with guest relations at least 4 hours per week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with all stages of marketing campaigns for events and fundraising efforts, including drafting proposals, preparing presentations and researching consumer trends to identify marketing needs.
- Researching marketing efforts to be related to local advertising.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Research and evaluate exemplary marketing and digital content.
- Preparing marketing proposals and presentations based on company needs.
- Measuring donor and visitor satisfaction with surveys and evaluating results, and researching consumer and marketing trends.
- Help distribute marketing materials.
- Researching appropriate grants that the organization may qualify for.
- Assisting the Nature Center and Membership Manager with guest relations at least 4 hours per week greeting visitors to the Nature Center, answer questions, and provide an inclusive, welcoming, and engaging visitor experience.
- Assist with event planning and implementation, as needed.
- Perform various office related tasks as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled college student for Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations, Non-Profit Management, Business, or related program areas.
- Interest and excitement for Cedar Run’s mission to protect and preserve New Jersey’s wildlife and habitats through education, conservation and rehabilitation.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible and collaborative with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- In depth understanding of different marketing techniques.
- Strong writing and communication skills, and a professional manner and attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in an environment of constant change.
- Team player who also excels as an individual contributor.
- Adaptable, dependable and responsible.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud recommended.
- At the end of your internship, you will be expected to prepare a report summarizing key findings from a project of your choice and your recommendations for strategic next steps.
- Must have access to a vehicle or transportation.
- Must be able to work on site in the office. May be requested to work at the local library for grant research, as needed.
- Some weekend work will be required, as scheduled.
For all inquiries, please submit your resume and cover letter to Tracey Francois, Director of Development and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply before Monday, April 5th to be considered. No phone calls about this position please.