There are many opportunities for scouts to complete projects here at Cedar Run. Many Eagle Scouts have helped us by building animal enclosures, fences, and more. Here is our current project wishlist, but we are open to suggestions from the scouts:
* Covered picnic table in animal housing area
* Replace and install split-rail fencing
* Wooden StoryWalk signs along the white trail
* Recycling/trash bin in animal housing area
* Rebuild back walkway to nature center-IN PROGRESS
* Install/build new dock in our lake
* New ADA accessible ramp to our back entrance
* Small information kiosk in parking area
Girl Scouts can also help Cedar Run by completing Silver and Gold Awards to benefit our facility and animals. Contact us for current Girl Scout project needs. *We are currently not accepting Bronze projects at this time.
Younger scouts can organize a donation drive and collect items from our wishlist or complete a day of service at the refuge.
Please contact Denise Peters, Education Director, to discuss possible projects via e-mail or phone at (856) 983-3329 ext. 103.
*Please note: All girl and boy scout projects must be self-funded. The Refuge staff would be happy to help brainstorm ideas, publicize a fundraiser, or even present live animals at a fundraising event.
Previously completed projects:
Frog Pond Re-do at the Nature Center
Mews (Bird of Prey) Enclosure
Children's Sized Picnic Tables
Canoe Supply Closet
Pollinator Garden and Bird Feeder Area