There are many opportunities for scouts to complete projects here at Cedar Run. Many Eagle Scouts have helped us by building animal enclosures, fences, and more. Girl Scouts also help Cedar Run by completing Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards to benefit our facility and animals. Here is our current project wishlist, but we are open to suggestions from the scouts:
* Picnic table and lean-to in animal housing area
* Education bird enclosures (mews)
* New puppets for porch (sew or hold a fundraiser to purchase)
* Lenape crafts,textiles, and housing recreations
* Barrel hand wash stations
* New fencing at enclosures (rope and post)
* PVC and screening perches for raptors
* Improvements on new trail
Your idea here...
Please contact Denise Peters, Education Director, to discuss possible projects via e-mail or phone at (856) 983-3329 ext. 103.
*Please note: All girl and boy scout projects must be self-funded. The Refuge staff would be happy to help brainstorm ideas, publicize a fundraiser, or even present live animals at a fundraising event.
Wheelchair Accessible Picnic Tables
Log Steppers and Tunnel for Playscape
Map of the Refuge
More pictures coming soon...