There are many opportunities for scouts to complete projects here at Cedar Run. Many Eagle Scouts have helped us by building animal enclosures, fences, and more. Girl Scouts also help Cedar Run by completing Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards to benefit our facility and animals. Here is our current project wishlist, but we are open to suggestions from the scouts:
* Picnic tables and lean-to in animal housing area
* Raccoon rehabilitation housing
* Groundhog hutches
* Plant identification signage for native species
* New trash can enclosures
* Tie throw pillows/covers for porch
* New puppets for porch (sew or hold a fundraiser to purchase)
* Blue bird nesting boxes
* Lenape crafts,textiles, and housing recreations
* Barrel hand wash stations
* Adirondack Chairs for fire pit and bird house area
* New stage and possibly benches for ampitheater area
* New fencing at enclosures (rope and post)
* PVC and screening perches for raptors
* Improvements on new trail
* Entry way to new playscape area
Your idea here...
Please contact Denise Peters, Education Director, to discuss possible projects via e-mail or phone at (856) 983-3329 ext. 103.
Wheelchair Accessible Picnic Tables
Log Steppers and Tunnel for Playscape
Map of the Refuge
More pictures coming soon...